- All applications are viewed on an individual basis without regard to race, religion, nationality, marital status, gender or age. We make every attempt to provide reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities.
- All applicants must demonstrate a sincere interest in the healing arts of Chinese Medicine.
- All applicants must have a secondary school diploma or the equivalent. Obtaining at least two years of post-secondary education or training, or working experience in related fields is an asset. However, other life experiences will be considered as well.
In some cases, students who have completed coursework in other Chinese Medicine programs and/or other postsecondary institutions may be eligible for transfer course credit(s). Applicants wishing to transfer credit(s) from other programs should indicate this request on their application to OCTCM and submit official transcripts of all previous postsecondary studies. Applicants must include a copy of the syllabus and evaluation scheme for any courses they hope to transfer. A grade of 60% or “C” is the minimum requirement for applications to be taken in consideration for credit(s) transfer to OCTCM.
If the documents are in a language other than English, applicants must also include a notarized English translation. International applicants who wish to be considered for advanced standing or credit(s)transfer must also submit course descriptions, course syllabi, and grading schemes in English. Students admitted with transferred credits must complete a minimum of 50% of their total program credit hours at OCTCM. An exception will be made for students transferring a previously completed equivalent diploma program in full (for example, an applicant who already has a Diploma of Acupuncture and is applying for our Diploma of TCMP program).
A Challenge or Placement Exam may be required where OCTCM wishes to confirm that a student has attained the level of knowledge or skill that we require. There is an additional fee for these exams.
OCTCM is proud of our diverse student community. We are honored to have an international student body and are dedicated to providing the support necessary to make each student’s journey smooth and rewarding by offering assistance with housing, social events and orientation into a new culture and country. Applicants who have indicated on their application that they are in Canada on a “Student Visa” or “Visitor or Other Visa” must include the following in their application package:
1. Documentation of their visa or immigration status
2. Evidence of proficiency in English if English is not the primary language in the student’s country of origin. The TOEFL exam is our preferred standard.
3. Documentation of the applicant’s ability to pay for tuition and living expenses.
Fall Semester (September ~ December)
Application deadline ~ August 15th
Winter Semester (January ~ April)
Application deadline ~ December 15th
*No new enrollment accepted in Spring/summer semester.
Enrollment requests after these deadlines may be accommodated subject to availability. Please contact the Office of Admissions directly.
1. A completed application form
2. A non-refundable application fee of $50 for domestic applicants/$100 CAD for international applicants in the form of a check or money order to OCTCM
3. Official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions previously attended
4. Statement of purpose of at least 500 words
5. Current résumé
6. Two passport-sized photos
7. Two letters of recommendation
8. Personal interview
Please note that transcripts and letters of recommendation must be posted directly from the institution or recommender to the OCTCM Office of Admissions.
Our Office of Admissions will notify applicants of their admission status within two weeks of the interview.
Applications should be sent to:
Ontario College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Suite 507,7130 Warden Ave. Markham, ON. Canada L3R1S2